Sunday, March 10, 2013

Haters Gonna Hate!

It seems there are some multiples out there who think that non-disordered multiplicity isn't real multiplicity. A handful have actually gotten very vocal about it and I wouldn't be shocked if their negative comments appeared here.
I'm not sure what thier issue is. They seem to think that the existence of multiples who aren't created by horrible events somehow minimizes thier life experiences. I don't understand thier point of view.
So I will say this:
We never wish to make light of those who are indeed struggling. Our only goals are to be ourselves, and to show the world that a multiple is nothing to fear or shun.
We are just us. If our existance offends you, that is something you may want to work on. We aren't here to take away from trauma based multiples.
We're here. We're multiple. We aren't out to ruin your life.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I found your blog looking for other systems on here. Hope you don't mind me posting...
    We're a trauma based system, or so I say... Truth is I wonder if we were always multiple and just happened to experience trauma which maybe affected certain splits. I know there is a lot of controversy about natural multiples/trauma based ones. I think I can get that some trauma based systems think that natural multiplicity diminishes their experiences. For example if I felt that being a multiple was proof of my abuse I might feel the same way. Thankfully I don't feel that way. In fact I hate the idea that I was born from something so terrible. So instead I am grateful to natural systems because they make me think that maybe I'm right in feeling that I always belonged here and that even if we hadn't gone through terrible things I'd still be alive today. Just my two cents. Nice to meet you BTW I'm Joe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joe. Feel free to find us on Google +! We have room for more friends!

      Delete