Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Headmate?!

I had an interesting conversation with a client at work recently. Because of an unusually heavy work schedule, Mia and I were switching off, each doing service calls that were easiest for us. So, we had on both my ankh and the pentacle necklace that belongs to Mia and Julie. The following conversation took place at work.

Client: "I like your necklace, the pentacle. I have one similar to it."
Me: "Oh, thank you. It actually belongs to a couple of my headmates."
Client: "Headmates? What's a headmate?"
Me: "A lot like roommates, but much closer quarters! We're a multiple. There are a few of us in this body, and we all have to share it and take turns with it. Headmates are those other people I share this body with."
Client: "That's... different"

Different? Only to singlets! ;)

-Becca

12 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    Sweet mother of god people are fucked up idiots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right. And they always seem to hide behind "Anonymous".

      Delete
  2. Well thats one way to lose a client

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. We got a perfect survey response from that client.

      Delete
  3. OMG YOU GUYZ I AM SUCH A SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE

    ReplyDelete
  4. How is your described mental condition at all different from dissociative identity disorder? I hope you seek help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For starters, we weren't created by abuse. Secondly, we're not a mental disorder. We cooperate, and function well as a team, in an orderly fashion. That which is in order can't be disordered.
      We are not in need of help. I hope you seek help accepting people who are different than yourself.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm sure you're not as crazy as you think you are. Maybe try shouting something positive about yourself, instead of insisting you are crazy.

      Delete